Converting RepeaterBook listings from CHIRP .csv to ADMS-9 .csv

For our second installment of "pound that square peg into that round hole!"...

I really like the functionality of RepeaterBook exporting (especially in CHIRP .csv format, because CHIRP is awesome! Just wish they'd add the FTM-100DR/100DE to their supported models, so this would be easier).

So, this got me thinking: how can I easily convert from a CHIRP .csv file, to a .csv file that ADMS-9 likes and will work with?

Enter bash and awk.

I created my own GitHub repo for the shell script, called ftm-convert. It's licensed under GPL v3, so feel free to do with it as you please: just mention me (KM4SQS) as the initial author!

This script will take a CHIRP-formatted .csv file, and convert it to ADMS-9 .csv format, for either memory bank A or B on the FTM-100.

A direct link to the shell script is located here, for your viewing pleasure.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much. I was having a nightmare copying from one software to the other.

    Sometimes I think chirp yould include modern yaesu radios

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also own a FTM-300 and a FTM-400 so will try to modify your script to support the programming software of each radio. If it works I will upload the new code as a branch

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know a way to do this from CHIRP to CPS?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts